MHF carried out a community outreach program and provided medical services to 296 pregnant women and sick infants and children. MHF provided pre-and post-natal care and medical services to 55 out of 296. All the pregnant women (296) received deworming treatment. One woman was already bleeding weeks before the outreach program, so she was sent to the hospital immediately. It was through divine intervention that we carried out the outreach program at that time. One woman was diagnosed with a tumor. She looked eight months pregnant.
Fifty-five women delivered their babies with minor or few complications. Below are some of the remarkable accomplishments:
- 14 women delivered their babies by cesarean section, and 4 received 3 to 4pints of blood transfusion.
- 41 had a normal delivery.
- 15 women received treatment for high blood pressure.
- 20 women received treatment for anemia.
- 8 women were diagnosed with HIV infection and received treatment.
- 30 children received malaria and typhoid infection treatments.
- 8 children were treated for pneumonia.
- 25 children received treatment for gastrointestinal and respiratory infections.